Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Open Water Diver Class

I formally signed up for an Open Water Diver course with SCUBA World and attended the first classroom module yesterday. Been planning so for some time now after getting a taste of scuba diving with the "Discover Scuba" 2-day non-certification crash course in Boracay way back 1999...finally got to squeeze this into my schedule (and budget!).

It is a small class at the Paranaque, Metro Manila branch of SCUBA world but perhaps we may end up merging with other classes for the actual "Check Dive".

I'm taking the class with a couple of fellow Intel employees, Leah, my Basebuild CEA...and Ed from the CV2 Plant Eng'g. Another Alphan brod and Intel Sr. Mgr, Totoy Ong, is a master diver...who knows, we may end up forming an Intel Dive Club.

The Check Dive is set for June 11-12 and would be held at the Outrigger Resort in Anilao, Batangas. Anilao is about 2 hours drive from the Intel site and is one of the popular dive destinations in the Philippines. There would be 4 dives spread out over two days and the final Diver's Certification will be released at the end of the Check Dive. I'd bring the wife and kid along and I'm looking forward to a fun weekend two weeks from now.

Will keep you posted..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home